We know that the most effective way to:
- Reduce the risk of people in Cheshire and Merseyside getting cancer
- Save more lives from improvements in cancer recognition and earlier detection
- improve cancer services across Cheshire and Merseyside
...is to ask for the public’s help and support. By visiting this website and looking at how to stay healthy, reading the cancer patients’ stories and understanding the fantastic work that goes on across Cheshire and Merseyside you are showing your support and willingness to understand these issues.
You can help today by:
- Making sure that you are aware of the signs and symptoms of cancer
- Encouraging your loved ones to see their GP early if they are worried about cancer
- Looking after your health, and attending screening appointments if invited
You may also want to support others by:
- Volunteering at your local hospital, hospice, cancer suppport group or charity
- Getting sporty and taking up a challenge such as the Race for Life
We hope that you take time to browse this website, learn how to stay healthy, allay some of your concerns about cancer and look at the events pages so that you can go along and support the various initiatives in your area.
Keep checking back to this page as we will shortly be letting you know about more ways to get involved with Action On Cancer.