This means knowing what is normal for you and what is a serious change.
You should see your GP if you have:
- a lump anywhere on your body
- changes to a mole on your skin (such as bleeding, itching, or a change in shape or colour)
- a cough or hoarseness that lasts for more than two weeks
- a change in bowel habit that lasts for more than two weeks
- any abnormal bleeding from your vagina or back passage, in your urine or when vomiting
- unexplained significant weight loss (5kg/10lb over a couple of months).
You are not wasting your doctor’s time if you mention any of these symptoms to them.